McKesson and HCA Healthcare are pleased to announce a joint venture combining US Oncology Research and Sarah Cannon Research Institute. Effective October 31, 2022, the new Sarah Cannon Research Institute joint venture is a fully integrated oncology research organization aimed at expanding clinical research, accelerating drug development and increasing availability and access to clinical trials for community oncology providers and patients, including those in underserved communities. Read more here. Additional changes to this page will be coming soon.
The US Oncology Network is a worldwide leader in cancer research, and many cancer treatment centers in The Network offer their patients a chance to participate in some of the most advanced clinical trials available today. Oncology clinical trials provide patients the opportunity for a better outcome and quality of life, while playing a vital role in the fight against cancer. These novel clinical studies are usually only available in major academic medical centers or hospital systems located in large cities, but cancer treatment centers in The US Oncology Network make them accessible to patient’s right in their local communities where they have the support of family and friends.
Watch the video to take a journey through one patient's story about finding hope through cancer clinical trials.
Cancer Treatment Centers in The US Oncology Network:
- Have offered more than 1,600 clinical studies to their patients
- Enrolled more than 82,000 patients in cancer clinical trials in communities across the country
- Contributed to more than 100 FDA-approved cancer therapies
- Have at any one time, more than 400 oncology clinical trials in progress across The Network for many cancer diagnoses
- Are leading innovative clinical research to advance precision medicine options for lung cancer patients
Your decision to participate in a research study is a very important one. As a potential human research participant, you are providing a vital service in helping to potentially develop new medical treatments. Learn more about human research and understand your rights as a human research participant.